Monday, May 14, 2012

50th Wedding Anniversary

Last week I was lucky enough to be able to be part of a 50th Wedding Anniversary gift! Can you believe that? 50 years! 50 YEARS! I am not sure that happens often anymore! It was such an honor to be part of something so fabulous!
I worked with my client for a couple of days to try to come up with the perfect gift and eventually she decided on doing a quilt. BUT I do not know how to make quilts. So she picked up a ready made quilt at our BRAND NEW Home Goods store and I helped make it special for her in-laws.
Thanks to one of my Yahoo groups I was able to find the perfect embroidery design over at Urban Threads...
I stitched it out with my machine  on to her quilt...
 
First, I grabbed an old quilt to test the design and make sure my little embroidery machine could handle sewing on a quilt. I added a little personalization as requested (the above pic shows my initials and my hubs + our anniversary date). Word to the wise double check the date before stitching! My anniversary is on the 27th not 31st (that would be my son's birthday). At least I got the year right! 
Then I tested some more...
And FINALLY I took the plunge and just did it!  
SUPER CUTE, RIGHT??
 Well check this out! After I gave the quilt back she added the cutest buttons. I swear, I want one of these so bad now...with the correct date of course!