Friday, June 22, 2012

S’mores FUN

Well I must be on a roll this week with all the blog work I have done. I redid my tutorial page and am working on the Link Party page. Please hop over and let me know what you think.
NOW moving on to SMORE FUN…or what I like to call S’mores Marshmallow Pops
I think I saw these being made on Creative Juice by Cathie and Steve. I set the program to record every time it is on TV but rarely get the chance to watch it. Had I actually watched it and they did makes these I prob would not have ruined 2 candy bars. BUT OH WELL~

Here is what I initially thought you would need:
Hershey’s Chocolate Bars
Graham Crackers
Marshmallows
(And a Skewer for dipping)


Smore's Pop Ingredients6-22-12 0246-22-12 026Get your graham crackers out and crumble as if you are making a pie crust (yea, like I have ever done that-oh wait I have). When you have a fine little dust of graham crakers…SET OFF TO SIDE. One NIFTY little trick I learned- a meat tenderizer will do the job in a flash!Hershey's Chocolate FAIL6-22-12 027Okay so here is where my FAIL comes into play…I though I would be able to melt the chocolate in the microwave, which I did but then it quickly turned into a hard yuck crumbly mess.
NOT PRETTY TO HAVE A TOTAL CHOCOLATE FOUL.
A moment of silence please for these (now not so delicious) candy bars)
Melting Hershey's Chocolate6-22-12 030Then I got wise and melted them on the stove top…PERFECT!! SO skewer your MARSHMALLOW and dip in your NOW delicious melted chocolate…6-22-12 031and then dip them into your graham cracker dust.Smore's DippedViola! ALL DONE!! Smore's Marshmallow PopsYUMMY LOOKING RIGHT!! We decided to make a “campfire” night out of it and hot dogs and sang some songs. SO MUCH FUN and NONE of the BUGS, HEAT, or mess! 6-22-12 038Check out that ridiculous looking marshmallow we found in our bag! I am not going to even tell you all what I thought it looked like. Winking smile6-22-12 037
And I REFUSED to give the kids skewers while we were making these (our luck someone would lose an eye or 2!). So Bear got creative and used an egg beater. MAN I LOVE THAT KID!! He is also yelling at me not to take his picture but WHATEVs!
Hope you enjoyed my little tutorial. HUGS~
Jenni

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave the Frog some love today! We love getting feedback! And we personally reply to all comments via email if your id allows us to. It may not be an instant response but we always respond! So leave us some love and let's be friends!