Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Frog Blog Love Linky #17

OMGoodness! Could life just slow down for like a minute?!?
Friday, the hubb hubba and I decided to venture out with the wee little boys and take them to Costco. Something we do not normally do for various reasons. GERMS. TANTRUMS. The GEMMES. A 50lb. 3-y-o (he is tall not overweight) in and out of the cart is back breaking. To say that these outings are not fun, would be as UNDERSTATEMENT! However, this trip went surprisingly well and I am sure we will try it again. Anywho, on the way home (it is like a 15 minute drive) I got a phone call from an unknown number. Now usually, I do not answer these calls but I decided to answer this one for whatever reason. After I say my usual HELLO, I hear a little boy on the other end say this; "Is this Ethan's mom?" UMmm, yes. "Well, we have Ethan here and there has been an accident." Why The FACE? Exuse me? He continues in his little 8th grade voice; "well a bench fell on him and he cut." AGAIN Why The FACE (I of course never said that.) My response now is WHERE ARE YOU? (Ethan is supposed to be in school at cross country mind you.) AND IS THERE AN ADULT THERE? Once theadult/ccoach gets on the line guess what happened. THE PHONE WENT DEAD.
So here we are driving to the school hoping that is where Ethan might be and I am doing all that I can not to put my foot on top of my husband to make him drive FASTER, all the while getting the third degree from the hubba about what is going on like I have a clue.
So, we pull up and they won't let me go inside because he is in the loker room. When my husband finally emerges he says "Oh it is just a scratch on his ankle. We'll get him home and see how he feels."
RELIEF!! So we take him home and I head off to another appointment. When I return my little man is saying that his foot is still hurting and we decide we should have an X-ray just to be safe.
4 hours later we return home with this...
That's right he has a broken foot. AND there is nothing we can do about it until we call an ORTHO on Monday because he broke the bone smack dab in the middle of his foot. I believe they said 3rd Metatarsal. (c.w. did I spell that right?)
Poor kid was waited on hand and foot all weekend. Then first thing Monday, I call the Ortho to get an appt. and they tell me we have to wait another week. WHATTTTTT? So I say to the lady, is that safe since it is broken? Oh, and we got an appt the Tuesday afternoon. Around midnight on Monday I hear him making noise downstairs and the poor little dude is puking his brains out! OMGosh, are we all feeling sorry for him yet or what?

Well, that subsided around 3 a.m. he rested most of Tuesday. We head out to appt and 3 hours later he come home with this... 
A fancy black cast. Which he will be in for at least 6 weeks. And he has to have Xrays weekly to make sure the bone stays where it is supposed to. SO, I feel like you all know me well enough now that I can be honest and upfront with you all but I swear if there ever were a lady that deserved a BREAK
IT IS ME!!!
Now, lets party!
We had another big week last week and am loving all the new comers and all every link was awesome. SO AWESOME in fact that there was a tie this week with the most viewed link!
A FLIPPING 5 WAY TIE!
NO JOKE!
SO HERE THEY ARE IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER...
Everything Under the Moon with this super adorable and classy wall art! I LOVE IT!
Upcycling at its best and CUTEST with Miss Mindie over at Bacon Time.
I am loving the vintage numbers and destressed paint on this dresser redo over at Shabby Love.
This AMAZING mirror to chalk board over at Freaking Craft.
AND this adorable GUL Bag from Daffy's Dream.

YOU ALL ARE SO AMAZINGLY TALENTED AND INSPIRING! I CANNOT TELL YOU HOW MUCH I APPRECIATE YOU ALL LINKING UP!
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!
Now it is time to LINK UP!
And you know what ~ No rules again this week just link up what ever you want and let's have a good time (just make sure it is your own stuff and family friendly)!
I have cloned the linky for PARTIES from last week. So if you linked your party last time it should already be there. If you would like to add your linky party WE WOULD ALL LOVE it if you did!
SO DON'T FORGET TO SCROLL DOWN TO ADD YOUR LINKY PARTY TOO (just be sure to add your PARTY DAY to the title)!
THANKS A BUNCH GUYS! YOU ALL ARE TERRIFIC!

ENJOY and I will see you all MONDAY for another crafty frogulicious week! Actually, I might be back to share over the weekend. Plus, if you are not a follower yet...NOW WOULD BE A GOOD TIME! I am feeling a giveaway in our FROG FUTURE!
Don't forget that if you have any Rust-Oleum Projects you have done or are planning on doing come on back and link them up here.
Link up crafts, tutorials, recipes, whatever here:


Link up your PARTIES here:

10 comments:

  1. Thanks for featuring me, that means a lot to me.
    daffy

    ReplyDelete
  2. your poor boy!!! so glad for you all that a cast will be sufficient. how horrible would surgery be for him? hope he's up and crutching around soon! sending you prayers and mommy hugs. ((will write you more in email tmrw)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no, poor Ethan! Hope the bone stays where it should be and heals quickly!
    Alison
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for featuring my dresser redo!!! Yay! :) I hope your son feels better and heals quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sharing the feature with such lovely and talented women is awesome!! Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So much great inspiration! That chalkboard mirror is *insanely* great...I might have to actually do that project! And I can't believe that story with your kiddo!!! Poor guy! Here's to a speedy recovery and rest for mama, right? (c;

    ReplyDelete
  7. Did you paint his cast with Rustoleum? Lol just kidding. I hope his foot heals quickly. Thanks for the feature. My blogmania give away kicked off today, 4 winners and it only runs until 10/10 so make sure you enter, some cool prizes. Talk to ya soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness...poor Ethan and you ! I hope his foot heals quickly ( I'm sure he's loving some extra TLC ) .

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ouch! Hope he feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete

Leave the Frog some love today! We love getting feedback! And we personally reply to all comments via email if your id allows us to. It may not be an instant response but we always respond! So leave us some love and let's be friends!