Friday, June 3, 2011

Flip Flop Friday

Here at our house today is the 1st official day of summer. We have already had 2 (last night and again this morning) swim team practices! One of the kids is even going to camp on Sunday! Never a moments rest here! However, now that it is summer and we do not have to wear tennis shoes everyday I have completely banned the use of socks in our house until school starts again! I don't know if any of you hate putting socks together as much as I do but when there are over 5,000 socks to put together each year...it becomes a very boring and mountainous chore. YUCK! Yippee, for no socks for the summer and bring on the sandals and flip flops!
Well, my poor boys got store bought sandals for their tootsies this summer but the Princess, well her feet will be styling everyday! Check out the Flip Flop parade...
Okay so these do not belong to the Princess, they belong
to the Queen B, my mama! She requested RED and BLUE
I assume for KU! She is one sassy diva!

Princess Korker Flippity Flops
Yummy Double Ruffle Cupcake

This was my attempt at a boutique bow! FAIL! I need
more practice! They are not as easy to make as they look
or I am terrible at reading directions! Either way they are
still super cute and she loves them!

Carnival Ribbon (Don't these remind you of balloons
and a carnival? Love them!)

Raggy Dot JUMBO gem and daisy
Check out the Orange one in this pic. Wrapped in bicone
beads! Very time consuming but aren't they cute? Confession
This one does not have a partner yet but it is on my to do list.
The HOW-TO for the beaded flip flops is at joann.com if you want to
try it out. If not check out my etsy shop and I can make you a pair!
 (I promise there will be two! HA)

Rickrack Spikey Organza Bow
This little one on the end (right) have been worn over
and over and over and of course now they can not be found.

So there you have it a flip flop parade. There will be more to come. Hooray, for no more socks!

6 comments:

  1. Flip flops are HUGE around our house! We just call them slippahs, though. We wear them most of the year round, Right till the snow falls... Love dressing them up like this!
    Thanks for linking up to Making It With Allie! I can't wait to see what you have for next week!
    AllieMakes.Blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenni, your flip flops are wonderful! I love the colors, the ruffles and the bling! Happy Summer! I love the freedom from school shoes that the summer brings with it too. Thank you so much for sharing your creativity on "A Little Birdie Told Me..." at Rook No. 17!

    Best,
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much ladies! (Sorry it took so long to respond I just now figured out I had to change some things so that I coulld comment. I will get all of this figured out soon enough!) AND THANK YOU FOR THE SUPPORT JENN!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOooh how super delicious!
    Gotta get out my glue gun....my daughter and I live in flippy flops but will had to add some extra "bling" to make ours super cute to keep up with ya!

    :*~Wendy~:*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Wendy! We wear flip flops all the time too. Just a heads up I use E6000 glue. There is something called flip flop glue but I have not tried it yet. I am seriously thinking about it though! Share pics whe you get your done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are heaps of fun! You have some really cool ideas here - thanks for sharing.
    Lowri :-)

    ReplyDelete

Leave the Frog some love today! We love getting feedback! And we personally reply to all comments via email if your id allows us to. It may not be an instant response but we always respond! So leave us some love and let's be friends!