Friday, June 24, 2011

MOVE THAT FROG - Reveal Day

HOPPY FRIDAY everybody and WELCOME to Reveal day! I know you all have been enjoying all of the Father's Day gifts the kids and I made for the hubba hubba. But I beat it has left you wondering...
WHERE IS SHE PUTTING ALL THAT TOTALLY AWESOME STUFF?
That is what you have been wondering all week right? Well, the wait is over and here we goooooooo...
The next 2 pictures are of the HALLWAY (that is the area I "rehab-ed" for the hubs for FD) when we first moved in. NOW, keep in mind that was several years ago when the housing market was booming and we were totally hooked on HGTV. When we bought this palace we planned on a quick flip.
DIDN'T HAPPEN!
I think we will be here for the next 100 years.
Ewwww, so gross! There was a LOT of clean up
to be done!
Isn't he dashing?? Check out that dark stain on the doors
and the carpet. GROSS!
My tummy is turning JUST thinking about this house when
we moved in. BLECH!
Here is what we did to the hallway first.
Just your typical hallway gallery.

Replaced all those doors with white 6-panel,
got hardwoods, and painted it DRAB BROWN.
Kind of depressing, huh.
(Oooooh, look at those legs! Wonder who those
belong to!! Hint no one in this house...anymore!
NOT after 4 kids! HA!)

ARE YOU READY TO GO FROM DRAB TO
FAB???
(YES YOU ARE!)

Darkened up that boring brown and added
a 2 foot green stripe.


Give new meaning to "Family Tree," huh?

At first, I had planned to frame the trees with the green
but I thought this way it would kind of look like grass.
You know what I mean? I don't know, just different and
I like. No?

We are in the beginning stages of redecorating and all
of the colors that will be in the house are represented in
one way or another in this hallway.

There is the "...life begins" project. See it?

And my GIANT 'R!'
Oh how I love this thing! And it is serving
double duty! See, there on the wall...switches for
the attic fan. Hidden from view until you are up on
it! But heck, who stands in the hallway staring at the walls?
ME NOW!
Hubba hubba was impressed. Not happy that the paint color was TOTALLY wrong with the first attempt. Granny Smith Apple-is like NEON, Hello are we at a RAVE, glow stick yellow. It looked terrible in our house! This color worked out great and I am absolutely loving it!
Now, what do you think?
FYI-As soon as I finish all of the crafts for the America the Beautiful series I have going on right now I have one more project for to take this hallway to the hall of fame! I CANNOT wait to share it with you guys!
Tomorrow, I will be sharing one of my new bloggy friends with you! You will not want to miss this spotlight!
"See" you back here tomorrow; same time and same place.
~HUG~











Party Button

19 comments:

  1. This looks great! I love how it is different then the traditional gallery wall, and the green apple looks fun! I just need courage now, to do something with my house!

    Carlee
    www.ladybirdln.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've given you A Lovely Blog Award. You can check it out here: http://mlsdesignsky.blogspot.com/2011/06/wow.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great redo! It looks amazing! Are those your hands for the "Family Tree"? Those are awesome! Do you have a tutorial for that, yet. I'm looking to see right now, but if you do not, you should make one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should feel great about the work you've done! It looks great! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You created such a colorful, original display! It looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great job you guys are doing..... By the way. I love the name of your blog. So cute.

    Following you gfc and Networked blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! That must have been quite an exhausting project! You did a fantastic job! I love the green stripe - very trendy looking!

    Here on the Finding New Friends Blog Hop - GFC'd you, please follow me too!
    www.twiceblessedlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh thank you so much for linking and being so sweet. I am following you now btw with gfc and networked blogs. People like you make my day. Today someone with a sewing blog that I invited to the party took offense to my invite and was very rude. I don't understand people sometimes and how they can be so cruel.
    Love the deep purple color on your walls, looks great, we are in need of color but can't decide. I need someone to decide for me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for stopping by Nifty Mom. New follower!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW! IT'S WONDERFUL! LOVE IT! SO COLORFUL AND FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks fabulous!!!! I have to admit....I'm a tad bit jealous! I'm in desperate need to paint all my white walls.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, looks GREAT! I too have a brown dreary upstairs hallway and I call it my runway. This is an inspiration to me...I love the risk you took with the color and how fab it turned out. Great idea! Thanks so much for linking up to Strictly Homemade Tuesday!! Hope to see you back next week with another fabulous idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That looks really great! I have to put some pictures up in our upper stairway...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Jenni, I love the hallway and those colors are amazing! I especially love the brown! I can't wait to see more projects! :)

    P.S. I'm your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I will also make sure to check your blog daily - looking forward to your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  16. How very fun and very creative. Thanks for sharing at my newbie party.

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW, what a transformation. Love what you did with the wall with all the art.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your hallway looks great! I love those trees!

    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a great week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful job! I love the way you've lined up your artwork! So pretty! I have a giant moss initial, too! Thanks for sharing and for linking up to my party. Don't forget to grab my button.

    ReplyDelete

Leave the Frog some love today! We love getting feedback! And we personally reply to all comments via email if your id allows us to. It may not be an instant response but we always respond! So leave us some love and let's be friends!