Tuesday, November 8, 2011

I need some help...

Alright, I have been TERRIBLE about the Frogulicious Movement and the sad thing is that there has been interest. It is not that I am not working on my list, I AM! I just cannot seem to find the time to blog about it. Hmmmm, so I am going to try to do better. I just have so many projects and ideas in the works that I cannot stop to breathe and I am being diligent about being a better me, plus my full time job (you know being a mommy and wife). So in an effort to be a better me I am going to ask for advice on a few things.
1. How are you all working your schedules? How do you fit everything? How do you organize important dates, emails, comments, etc? I need to know so that I do not end up looking like this any more when some one calls/emails me to let me know I missed yet another engagement.

2. You all have met the princess numerous times but I want you to see her from a different perspective because I am at my wits end at this point...
This is my gurl measuring in at 54.5 inches at 6 years old (okay she would correct me and say she is 6 and a half). She does not fit into little girl clothes any more and steadily growing out of the preteen. She started the year as a 10 and now we have to donate all of those new clothes and bump her up a size because she has grown that much! UGH! Have you all seen the preteen girl clothes lately? YUCK! It is not cute little girl and I WANT CUTE LITTLE GIRL because that is what she is!!! So, what is your advice? Where do you all buy clothes? What about sewing patterns, do you know any that are super cute that have extended sizes for her? (She is not husky or anything just tall. She gets it from her daddy who is almost 7 feet.)

3. Then there is the bear...
Is he cute? Yes! Is he louder than anything else in the world? Yes! Does he love to scream? YES! I have tried everything to get him to stop and have no idea what else to do. Does anyone else have a screamer??? I need help!
4. And then we have the adorable munchkin face, that is the sweetest little bug ever! I love him to death but he is the pickiest eater I have ever met. I have never had a picky eater and have no idea what to do to get him to eat his fruits and veggies (really anything other than bread products.) Do you have any suggestions for this perplexing little dude?
I swear, soliciting advice is not like me but I want need to be a better mama for little babes! Usually, people are asking me for advice on children (mostly because I have more than any one my age and have been doing it longer, I think).
5. Lastly, I just found out yesterday that I am in fact participating in another craft show this year and it is in 4 weeks. So, I need help deciding what items you think would be good for the Christmas crowd. 

I love you all so much for even reading this post! I hope you will indeed respond with some advice. Leave me what ever advice you got! Thank you so much for being so wonderful to me!
HUGS~
Jenni 



5 comments:

  1. Here goes:

    1. I do everything in the 2 hours when both kids are out per day and in the evenings. House is not perfect but it is fairly clean and we are all fed! I use the calendar on my phone so it reminds me when I need to go somewhere!

    2. My son is really tall (48 inches at 5.5) as well and we have similar problems. I tend to buy plain jeans trousers and t-shirts to avoid unsuitable images etc then make the rest. McCalls do nice girls patterns that go up to 10 and they are not old looking.

    3. Screaming - no clue sorry!

    4. Eating - I need help here as well. My little one is the pickiest eater I have ever met. She will eat something one day then not the next, drives me mad!

    6. Not sure about Christmas, look forward to seeing what you do though!

    Alison
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have kids but...

    Re Schedule: I use iCalendar on my phone/computer, "to do" lists on my phone (which never seem to get accomplished). Also have heard ppl like google calendar.

    Re Christmas: stockings? spray-painted ornaments? picture frame ornaments? non-traditional x'mas colors? check out the pottery barn catalog/website for inspiration?

    xo caroline @ c.w.frosting

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jenni!

    Hmm... well for myself, I created a binder( I call it My Brain). I have seen many free printables on line for the different subjects(money,daily to do,bithdays,annivs etc.)However, I have never found one that really suits me. I sat down and wrote out the areas that I needed help in keeping track of. Daily schedule, budgeting, family,and so on(yes, even a craft sect for ideas or things I want to make). Then on each area, I wrote down a list of things I need that area for. IE: Budget area - Check deposit amount,house payment, cable bill(due date &amt.),phone bill etc. I look in it every morning and every night,even a few time during the day to keep me on track if I am really busy.
    For you little girl, I am really not sure as we have had the opposite issue in past years, we are all short.I,myself am only 5'3". My oldest wore 2T until she was 5yrs old...Crazy.
    The screamer...I bare no shame in telling you I love bribery and awards. Each child is different so where it works with one, it won't with another. As a preschool teacher, I have learned that well,lol. Maybe buy a small something they he might really like, something from the dollar store perhaps. When my youngest was little(3),I ate part of cookie in front of her.she asked what I was eating, I told her I was a good girl that day because I did not jump on my bed at all and the cookie was a reward. You know she didn't jump on her bed after that(to my knowledge,lol).

    Hope that helps, sorry for such a long comment lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay... cute kids clothes CWD Kids clothes. Age appropriate! Screamer...yep I got one...do not scream back at him. When he is screaming ignore him. HARD to do but it works (most of the time). Picky eater. Got one of those too. Smoothies. I can get my kids to eat anything in a smoothie. Spinach, kale, it works!! Or start hiding food. Black Beans in brownies, carrots in muffins, spaghetti, ect. Hope your day gets better mine started off HORRIBLE, but I am trying to have a positive outlook. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, as far as the fair...do what you are good at do not push yourself into making something you are not good at or will TOTALLY stress you out. You are super talented and sell what works for you! :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave the Frog some love today! We love getting feedback! And we personally reply to all comments via email if your id allows us to. It may not be an instant response but we always respond! So leave us some love and let's be friends!