Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Rainbow Fish Puppets

Last week (or when ever it was) while I was making my glitter artichoke balls, I had the cutest idea to go with the very popular, very wonderful, very inspirational book, Rainbow Fish. So, I dug around through the 1,000 or so books we have here at the house and read it again. Which of course got me even more amped to put this Mama Monday Education Edition together for you all. For the next few days I will be highlighting some of the activities I found or made up for this book. I think you are really going to like them and hope you will use them in your classroom or with home schooling.

And here are the puppets that were inspired by the "artichoke" balls:
The first one I did I used the same method as the tutorial.
And it turned out okay.
This one I started at the base where the stick is attached
to the Styrofoam and it turned out GREAT!
Isn't it just the cutest little thing ever.
I gave this one great big eyes and eye lashes.
Awww, I love them!

Tomorrow's post will be all about "looking" the part! Are you excited???
AND Just in case you missed yesterday's post please keep reading.

**While I was reading this book for like the 100 Millionth time I felt compelled to share some of my thoughts with you. In the book it says that Rainbow fish is not willing to share his most prized possessions, his shiny scales. However, when we seeks the advice of the wise octopus he rethinks how he could truly be happy. And what does he do?? He gives away his most prize possessions and feels a happiness he has not known. (We all know the story right?)

Well, this got me to thinking about my business, this blog, the people that I have "met," etc. Are we ALL like Rainbow fish? Don't we ALL have something that we could share with others that would make them and ourselves happy? Take me for example, my family, my secrets, my crafts, and creations are my most prized possessions and yet day after day I share these things with the hope that everyone will find a "shimmering scale" among my ramblings that you can wear proudly. We already know how happy blogging has made my life! I enjoy being able to enhance my life through you, your creative inspiration, and giving a little piece of my self every day. SO BIG HUGS to you!**

Visit thecsiproject.com

18 comments:

  1. Awesome post! And super cute fish :) Would love for you to link it up with us ;) We have a party going on right now, or our Sunday Strut Your Stuff party. I totally feel the same way about blogging and sharing and of course the people I have "met". Truly awesome :) Hope to see you at our party!
    Britney
    www.jandmseyecandy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use to read that book to the girls all the time. We still have it, saving it for the grand kids one day. Cute fish! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. aw your so cute i love it! i think everyone does have a little somethings to share, and the fish is cute!:)
    thanks for linkin..i love it:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute fish. Hey I have a request, I have a give away that no one has entered yet, if you would like to enter that would be lovely. It's for a bumble bee baby cocoon which could always be gifted. Thanks again for you encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Jenni for entering, new I could count on you. Now I am off to take the kids to Disney Land I mean Mcdonald's but the way the act when I let them go, you would think it was Disney.
    Hugs. Hopefully this time the two year old won't stay hidden at the top of the play land and make mommy send out a kid search party like last time. lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really cool idea! It is so true what the rainbow fish learned. Sharing is fun and it makes one happy. It made me happy to see your post. Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  7. love this there are always great books to go with rainbow fish and this would be awesome to go with a book

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are so cute!!! I'm a teacher, so I have read Rainbow Fish many times! :) I'm here from the Made it Myself Monday, and I'm a new follower! :)
    Amy

    redheadedcrafter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing your fun craft and your wise words! I find a new shimmering scale from you every time I visit! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beatuiful fish - and such a lovely sentiment! I love that story too - and have read it countless times with my kids!

    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a great week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great craft and lovely post!! Glad I found you! I am visiting from J&M's Eye Candy and I am a new follower!!
    Hope you have a great week and I see you around my blog soon!
    Michelle
    www.delicateconstruction.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great craft!!! I LOVE that book and that fish looks so much like the one in the book. I need to make this for my boys they would LOVE it! Thanks for sharing

    I found your cute blog via J&M's Eyecandy blog hop =)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super cute fish! You are sooooo creative!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. The Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop became the coolest party on the block because of your participation :) Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Jenni, a beautiful craft inspired by a wonderful book! I love the way you compared creative bloggers to rainbow fish too; a very astute and lovely analogy!

    ReplyDelete
  16. i love it! i have a rainbow fish project here:

    http://crayonfreckles.blogspot.com/2011/02/paper-plate-fish.html

    also, this post is one of the most clicked at last week's tip-toe thru tuesday party! so you'll be featured this week. but don't forget to add my button to your link party list :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. so fun! We recently read & crafted w/the Rainbow Fish too & I love this and can't wait to see what you else you made to go along with the story! :)

    Would love to invite you to link up to the Sunday Showcase - our child centered linky party - http://momto2poshlildivas.blogspot.com/2011/07/sunday-showcase-kid-friendly-linky.html

    Bernadette

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hmm is anyone else experiencing problems
    with the pictures on this blog loading? I'm trying to find out if its a problem on my end or if it's the blog.
    Any feed-back would be greatly appreciated.

    Also visit my weblog acoustic guitar chord

    ReplyDelete

Leave the Frog some love today! We love getting feedback! And we personally reply to all comments via email if your id allows us to. It may not be an instant response but we always respond! So leave us some love and let's be friends!