Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Rainbow Fish Puppets

Last week (or when ever it was) while I was making my glitter artichoke balls, I had the cutest idea to go with the very popular, very wonderful, very inspirational book, Rainbow Fish. So, I dug around through the 1,000 or so books we have here at the house and read it again. Which of course got me even more amped to put this Mama Monday Education Edition together for you all. For the next few days I will be highlighting some of the activities I found or made up for this book. I think you are really going to like them and hope you will use them in your classroom or with home schooling.

And here are the puppets that were inspired by the "artichoke" balls:
The first one I did I used the same method as the tutorial.
And it turned out okay.
This one I started at the base where the stick is attached
to the Styrofoam and it turned out GREAT!
Isn't it just the cutest little thing ever.
I gave this one great big eyes and eye lashes.
Awww, I love them!

Tomorrow's post will be all about "looking" the part! Are you excited???
AND Just in case you missed yesterday's post please keep reading.

**While I was reading this book for like the 100 Millionth time I felt compelled to share some of my thoughts with you. In the book it says that Rainbow fish is not willing to share his most prized possessions, his shiny scales. However, when we seeks the advice of the wise octopus he rethinks how he could truly be happy. And what does he do?? He gives away his most prize possessions and feels a happiness he has not known. (We all know the story right?)

Well, this got me to thinking about my business, this blog, the people that I have "met," etc. Are we ALL like Rainbow fish? Don't we ALL have something that we could share with others that would make them and ourselves happy? Take me for example, my family, my secrets, my crafts, and creations are my most prized possessions and yet day after day I share these things with the hope that everyone will find a "shimmering scale" among my ramblings that you can wear proudly. We already know how happy blogging has made my life! I enjoy being able to enhance my life through you, your creative inspiration, and giving a little piece of my self every day. SO BIG HUGS to you!**

Visit thecsiproject.com