Tuesday, August 9, 2011

The Shopping Mama Gives Back

I am not sure that any of you know that  my little miracle Munchkin Face (Lawson, 18 months) was born via emergency c-section @ 33 weeks after a short stint of hospital bed rest. That was the scariest moment of my life. Being pregnant with him was difficult to say the least but I will tell you that story another day.
At 3:30 in the morning when I suffered a serious placenta abruption my little sweetie was brought into this work 7 weeks early and under, what I am sure were chaotic conditions. Nonetheless, he made and was healthy. We were told that because I had been on bed rest and given steroids to help his lungs mature quickly we were one of the "lucky" ones.  Not being able to see your baby or hold and feed him is nothing short of depressing. See your miracle under the photo lights, hooked up to all sorts of machines, listening to bells ringing because he has stopped breathing is terrifying. And not being able to take your newborn baby home after a day or two is horrifying. We were one of the "lucky" ones because we were allowed to go home after only 18 days. It was a miracle!
When you have a preemie, as a procrastinating mother, you are not ready for, well anything. No diapers, no bed, no clothes, no special bottle nipples that you have to have, nothing. YOU ARE PREPARED for NOTHING.
When I read about the Shopping Mama and her Pampers Miracle Mission of NICU Care Packages, I was touched so deeply that my words cannot explain. Even as I sit here in front of this computer, alone, I weep thinking of the wonderful gesture and the lives she touched with her kindness. I had to share Kate's journey with you. Please follow the link and read more about how Miss Kate gave back to help families in need. She is a blessing to all those she has touched, including me!


Make sure to come back tomorrow for another heart warming story and another little peek into my life as well! I <3 you all! Have a wonderful day!!
OH AND DID YOU SEE THAT I WAS THE GUEST BLOGGER OVER AT BRASSY APPLE  yesterday?
I am showing off the back to school outfits I made for my sweet princess! Go check it out.
AND
Do you want to enter a fabulous giveaway with a HUGE prize package with yours truly as a sponsor?
BIG...BIG...HUGE PRIZES!
You will not want to miss out on this one!!!!

2 comments:

  1. My oldest boy came over a month early too when my water broke in the middle of the night, that's a wake up call for sure. Didn't know I had an abnormal placenta with him, doc said we were lucky too. Bringing a little one into the world is always scary, even more so when you feel unprepared when they surprise you weeks ahead of schedule. Glad everything worked out for both of us. Great post and give away. Hope today is a happy one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow. what a blessing your little guy is. God definitely had His hand around you! this is the neatest cause! i loved seeing the mommas stocking the bags while the kiddos ran around! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Leave the Frog some love today! We love getting feedback! And we personally reply to all comments via email if your id allows us to. It may not be an instant response but we always respond! So leave us some love and let's be friends!