Monday, August 1, 2011

Corner Bookmark Toot (Tutorial)

Hey, HOT Mamas! Hope you all are having a MAGICAL MONDAY!
Did you all miss my FIRST Guest post and tutorial? Here it is! I hope you enjoy!
 LET'S GET OUR CRAFT ON!!!
I LOVE craft projects that are easy enough to finish while watching How to Train Your Dragon (which I watch daily btw) and that I can have my kids be involved. I had planned a really cool tutorial for you all but it was a total craft FAIL in my book so I must try it again and see what went wrong. So, I decided to show you all a SUPER EASY, super CUTE craft that you can make in literally a minute.
ENVELOPE BOOKMARKS
Supplies needed:
Square Envelopes (mine are 4 ¾ x 4 ¾ )
Stickers or Embellishments of your choice
A paper cutter or scissors
A Pencil
Seriously that is all you need!
Here are your supplies
Measure, using your book of choice, 
where you would like your book mark to fit 
over the corner of your page.   
See my mark on the right.
Line up your mark with your paper cutter or scissors
and CUT. 
If you would like a more precise corner measure
both side equally, I measured 10" on one side and ten
on the other.

Line up both marks and CUT. 
OR if you cannot find a pencil or pen or you
just don't want to, line up the envelope like a diamond
and cut from one corner to the other.
See how easy that is!!! And think about how you
can recycle or up-cycle all that junk mail you get!!
Okay, now here come the hard part!
Add your sticker and embellishment where you would
like and voila...
ALL DONE!
Aren't these little Robot Dudes soooo
cute??
I added a leftover flower to one as well!
A little to big for this book.
Fits just right! Now how stinking easy was that??
Check out these that my 6-year-old daughter made...

She used her favorite craft book:
water colors, some of her stickers, and a pen to make hers.
HAHA She made a frog! LOVE it! 
Her Stickers. She said she added the red ribbon
because she is a real princess. TOO CUTE! 
And a mermaid and her father with a fish.
Aren't they cute!!
Thanks for having me over to play, I hope all you loverly readers enjoyed my tiny little tutorial!
I hope you will stop by Kissed By a Frog when you have some time and check out some of my projects and tutorials. Here is just a little sampling of what you will find:
My most popular tutorial, a father's day gift:


getting away frog BORING BROWN and adding
some fun COLOR to our lives!!

Every Monday- I blog about stuff for
Mamas, even educational stuff.

tutu ever!

Visit thecsiproject.com

4 comments:

  1. love the idea! it even looks cute from the outside. i have to tell you too, that i love that you let your kiddos make their own too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have seen a similar one before about a year ago and as simple as it is, I still have not made one..lol.Lastnight I was complaining that I needed a bookmark too!
    I have that same fingerprint book,I used it alot with my preschool class.They loved it.
    Tell Sydney she did an awesome job on those bookmarks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Speaking of books I have been reading my twilight ones over. I had way to much fun with piknic today, I shared a potential banner for the Twilight event on facebook today, don't know if you saw it, but let me know if you hate it. My hubs is still going to take Twi inspired pics of me to use for the banner. I am thinking of making a couple and asking folks to vote on which one they like the best. Anyway, thanks for everything, and I know how it goes, I have a few tutorials I never posted because things didn't go as planned.

    ReplyDelete
  4. En segundo lugar ... despus de recibir su informe gratis, hacer
    es ya no beber refrescos o cortar azcares adicionales
    para lograr una dieta saludable. Quemando Y Gozando Descargar Gratis Pero de todos modos
    ya que ests aqu, las dietas de moda no son
    saludables.

    Se est numa dieta para perder barriga evite a galletas saladas,
    el t negro o caf. Algunas versiones permiten o requieren edulcorante artificial.
    Quemando Y Gozando Descargar Gratis La forma
    ms comn de La dieta de tres de una vez por todas entonces visita el siguiente enlace.
    .. Como Perder Barriga Rapidamente.

    ReplyDelete

Leave the Frog some love today! We love getting feedback! And we personally reply to all comments via email if your id allows us to. It may not be an instant response but we always respond! So leave us some love and let's be friends!